Never Too Late to Start

Ask Michael about Clear or anything relevent.

Never Too Late to Start

Postby JayLeather » July 24th, 2007, 12:47 pm

Dear Mr. Sadler,

I am a history professor who left the semi-pro music world behind in 2002. Saga have always been a favorite band, and we have briefly corresponded during the House of Cards & Marathon days, on your old website. Mostly, our discussion covered Saga's relationship with Rush, and your talents as a multi-instrumentalist. But you may not remember me out of so many fans.

I thoroughly respect your decision to move forward, even though Saga will lose a central member. I admire anyone who can play keyboards, electric bass, or anything else -- while performing as a vocalist. I only had a taste of what you enjoyed, and there's a point where you need to come down. History has given me a career for my middle age years and beyond. I'm some years younger than you, but it's never too late!

I encourage you to look at a university education in any field -- your life experiences could make you an excellent teacher. Rik Emmett teaches music business courses at Humber College, while recording solo albums. From what I hear, he gets to spend so much time with his family than in Triumph's hey-day. I don't wish to offend you by comparing you to other Canadian rockers -- but it's still a positive example. I may not know you personally, but from what I've read of your interviews, you seem to have learned so much wisdom from your sojourn with Saga.

Shine on for others!

Jeffrey M. Leatherwood
JayLeather

Return to Questions, Questions, Questions...