Review from mindawn.com

Have a review, or a link to a review? Post it!

Review from mindawn.com

Postby MichaelNoi » February 1st, 2005, 1:15 am

Since 1978 Michael Sadler has fronted one of the most interesting and enduring bands in prog, namely Saga. As the "voice" of Saga, fans have long hungered for a solo album for Michael, and in 1998 he put out "Back Where You Belong" which was a very limited, online only release. Now in 2004 Michael has finished his latest album "Clear" which has him working with a variety of guests and tackles the keyboards alongside Thomas Schmitt-Zijnen. "Clear" is a combination of revamped material from "Back Where You Belong" and newer songs, and is a deeply personal work for Michael. There are songs here that will resonate with you in a very personal way, and there are songs you will want to sing along with. The music will appeal to fans of Saga, but without sounding like another Saga album. You also get a chance to hear Michael sing in ways you've haven't heard before, like quietly with a nylon Guitar, and with very interesting vocal arrangements and harmonies. This album has something for almost everyone, it has been a long time in the making and isn't something to be missed.

Quoted from: http://mindawn.com/albums/13
Sagafan since 1979 and still alive :-)
MichaelNoi

Postby MichaelNoi » February 1st, 2005, 1:39 am

And here my own 2 cents :
I like it !
Not only because I like Saga, but because I like perfect music, that´s "Clear"
It´s not another album that comes and goes. With "Who´s sorry now" and "Surrender your heart" it has some realy strong earwigs inside.
I like the Sound of the Drumset very much, it´s fat ( as germans say).
The songs with choir and the slow ones are new to me and are very different from Saga.
It is difficult for me to hear the songs unprejudiced, because the voice of Michael is very special and remembers me to Saga often. I feel a lot of work was done to place the voices in the foreground without carrying it to far.
Thank you !
Sagafan since 1979 and still alive :-)
MichaelNoi

Return to Interviews & Reviews of Clear / One Clear Night