Impact

Have a review, or a link to a review? Post it!

Impact

Postby Stevesan » November 7th, 2007, 7:00 am

Hi Michael.

I'm a long time fan of your music. I saw my first concert with SAGA in 1985 in Stockholm, Sweden. It was february, and I had to fly 850 km to see it. Even though the plane almost crashed in the winter storm heading back, I must say it was all worth it.

At that time, I had listened to your music alredy for a few years. And I still do. When you announced that you were leaving SAGA it gave me a reason to reflect on my interest in your music.

What always has made SAGA so special is that you've been a bunch of people, extremely talanted on what you do. Some bands have one talent only that hold things together, but not SAGA. You've all contributed to a very special end result.

You have a very special voice. Perfect for the SAGA music, but even more perfect for your latest project.

Your music has been an important part of shaping my image of the world, and it still is. We're talking huge impact here. This may sound pretentious (is that the word for it?) but it's true. Your music to me is the sci-fi genre of music, and as much as I love sci-fi I love your music also. Always daring, experimental, full of dimensions, new sounds... and yet soulful, passionate and inspirational.

I could go on forever. But if you read this, which I hope you do, I wouldn't want to keep you too long from making music. Or from your family.

As a father of two young kids, I have the greatest sympathy for your decision to focus more on your family. There is a time for everything. Pursue this with the same passion you have with SAGA, and I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for.

Best wishes. And keep the good work coming - at a pace that give you the time you need for life's most imporant task. Keeping your family together.

Steve - a fan from Sweden.

PS: I posted this in here because I wanted to say to you that Clear is an amazing album, and proof that the best of Michael Sadler is yet to come.
With you to the end.
Stevesan

Postby fhemmer209 » December 15th, 2007, 7:27 pm

I just got Clear about two months ago and really enjoy it a lot. Gives me some hope that Michael will have a successful post-Saga career and I will get to see him perform again.

Yes, while his voice is unique and recognized as Saga's, it is more of a feature on this solo work. I personally think his voice is better than when I first got into Saga over 25 years ago.

Interesting, my son will be 16 soon and he has heard Saga's music and has sort of been neutral about it. He listens to most of the stuff that kids that age like but he really likes Clear.

Fred
fhemmer209

Return to Interviews & Reviews of Clear / One Clear Night