Clear - a fantastic album

Have a review, or a link to a review? Post it!

Clear - a fantastic album

Postby Flying Girl » January 24th, 2005, 9:28 am

As mentioned in another thread, I have recently received Clear....

... and what an album!!!! It is absolutely awsome!!! :D
The style, the lyrics and the very "big" (don't know else how to explain it in plain words in english :wink: )sound, it hit me right in the heart and I loved it from the first moment.

Michael, you have done a fantastic job with Clear and no doubt that this is your personal style and album. I am looking very much forward to hear more upcoming solo projects.
Flying High.... and as long as you are 5 mm of the ground, you have not crashed yet!
Flying Girl

Postby Administrator » January 24th, 2005, 11:13 am

I see you still have the wonderful avatar I made for you. :D

..and yes Clear is an amazing album.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Flying Girl » January 25th, 2005, 6:42 am

Hi Andy... :D

Sure I still got the avatar, I love it so why not use it here too.
Flying High.... and as long as you are 5 mm of the ground, you have not crashed yet!
Flying Girl

Postby Administrator » January 25th, 2005, 9:42 am

Yeah, makes sense to me! :D
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Bavaria » April 17th, 2005, 11:28 am

Last edited by Bavaria on April 19th, 2005, 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bavaria...not North-Germany.
Bavaria

Postby Bavaria » April 19th, 2005, 2:07 pm

Hello Michael,
since a long tme I want tell you my thoughts about your cd "Clear".
Other thing kept me from doing this. Month ago I got the cd and I heard it for several times and I can´t say "wow"...I was not enthusiastic about it...
What was the reason why ? Was it your voice, I connect with Saga-songs? That kind of music I love so much over the last twenty years? I miss this kind of music in your songs? Yes I know, your own songs are complete different from Saga´s music. I don´t say, that your own songs are not good, I can´t say, that I don´t like your songs...but something is missing...I don´t know what it is...Now time goes by, I can concentrate me to your songs again and I try to find out the reason why your songs have not the right place in my heart...maybe one day...
So, I hope you are not to angry with me and you will forgive me when I have not the opinion that you are waiting for. I´m only honest.

take care
Bavaria
Bavaria...not North-Germany.
Bavaria

Postby MichaelNoi » April 20th, 2005, 5:42 am

The Clear CD is in my car-cdplayer now for about 2 months.
I hear it nearly every day when I go to work and back home.
No braindamage yet :lol: , I like it more every day, no I have to say it is just great for me.
It sometimes remembers me to SAGA ...why not. Your voice is very special Michael and everybody who knows SAGA , compares your music with the works of Saga. On the other hand your voice on Clear is more in the foreground, what makes it different from Saga. Also the choir is a new element. But one can find great sounds and licks on Clear ...very special and of course very professional ones.
Sagafan since 1979 and still alive :-)
MichaelNoi

Postby JHatch » April 20th, 2005, 2:18 pm

Hi Michael,

Just finished my first listening of Clear and it will definitely not be the last. Excellent work man, my personal favorite from this initial pass is I'm not the Enemy. The backing vocals are very impressive. Your are such an underrated artist, that it is perverse to see so few people at the Saga concert in Montreal when other bands like Yes are so uninspiring, at least when they were in town last summer. The music world has been cheated out of a great talent. Anyways, you definitely have my support.

James
JHatch

Postby Michael Sadler » April 20th, 2005, 4:38 pm

jhatch wrote:Hi Michael,

Just finished my first listening of Clear and it will definitely not be the last. Excellent work man, my personal favorite from this initial pass is I'm not the Enemy. The backing vocals are very impressive. Your are such an underrated artist, that it is perverse to see so few people at the Saga concert in Montreal when other bands like Yes are so uninspiring, at least when they were in town last summer. The music world has been cheated out of a great talent. Anyways, you definitely have my support.

James

Thank you James.

I've said it before but I'll say it again. Comments like yours really do make it all worthwhile!!!

Michael
Michael Sadler

Postby JHatch » April 22nd, 2005, 8:07 am

As I once said to fellow progrock music lovers, the great thing about Saga is that you kept going and producing new albums instead of relying on a dead past to support yourself; for example, ELP and Yes.

Cheers Michael and keep at it.,

James
JHatch

Postby MichaelNoi » June 22nd, 2005, 2:23 am

Hi again,
Clear is still in my car-cd, that says everything, doesn´t it :D
The best on the market at the moment .

Are you planning to do another album, Michael ?
Sagafan since 1979 and still alive :-)
MichaelNoi

Postby Joc » July 10th, 2005, 5:03 pm

jhatch wrote: Your are such an underrated artist, that it is perverse to see so few people at the Saga concert in Montreal when other bands like Yes are so uninspiring, at least when they were in town last summer. The music world has been cheated out of a great talent. Anyways, you definitely have my support.

James

Nothing more to say, you're right JHATCH!!!!! Saga and Michael don't received all credit for their great music since over 20 years.

Really, I listen again old Genesis but Saga and the great voice of Michael still have the FIRST place in my heart. Thanks for these great moment with my Hi Fi components in my living room. Simply hope to hear your music for many years to come.

You have my support too.

Joc
Joc

Postby Michael Sadler » July 24th, 2005, 11:20 pm

jhatch wrote:As I once said to fellow progrock music lovers, the great thing about Saga is that you kept going and producing new albums instead of relying on a dead past to support yourself; for example, ELP and Yes.

Cheers Michael and keep at it.,

James

Hi James,
I think that's a pretty fair assessment. Personally, I always have to be looking forward.

M
Michael Sadler

Postby Dickr » August 14th, 2005, 1:13 am

After many months. "Clear" is still on My Top 10 list!!!

:) :D :) :D
Dickr

Return to Interviews & Reviews of Clear / One Clear Night