"Operating" Clear

Have a review, or a link to a review? Post it!

"Operating" Clear

Postby Rocknrollwknd » March 18th, 2005, 12:05 am

Today I took Clear to the hospital I work at and played it during a surgical case we were doing.....The surgeons I work with were in awe....They really enjoyed the songs....They had never heard of Saga b4, until now....It was relaxing during the operation....Made the day much better for us....Thanks again Michael
Rocknrollwknd

Re: "Operating" Clear

Postby Michael Sadler » March 21st, 2005, 1:33 pm

Rocknrollwknd wrote:Today I took Clear to the hospital I work at and played it during a surgical case we were doing.....The surgeons I work with were in awe....They really enjoyed the songs....They had never heard of Saga b4, until now....It was relaxing during the operation....Made the day much better for us....Thanks again Michael

Wow! I've heard of "elevator music" but this is a new one on me! Hopefully the operation was a complete success!

M
Michael Sadler

Postby Rocknrollwknd » March 21st, 2005, 7:01 pm

Hey M.....Thanks for the response.....Yes it was a huge success.....The patient did great and is expected to recover fully....It was touch and go for a while, but as I stated...A success......lol...Most people r shocked when they find out we "JAM" during surgery....Music does help out so much...reduces alot of the stress.....Plus we get to hear each other sing.... LOL....
Rocknrollwknd

Postby Administrator » January 10th, 2006, 11:32 pm

Rnr... that's amazing! What was the procedure?
Last edited by Administrator on January 19th, 2006, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Rocknrollwknd » January 11th, 2006, 12:57 pm

Hey admin......the procedure was a triple A.....that means an abdominal aortic anuerysym.....we were able to put a stent in instead of opening the patient up from top to bottom......Last I heard, they were doing great.......Medicine has come a long way man.........Talk to u soon....Peace.

Rockn
Rocknrollwknd

Postby Kenny Gus » January 13th, 2006, 8:57 am

Amazing! :D
Kenny Gus

Postby Popsicle Pete » January 16th, 2006, 4:36 am

And as I sat here reading through this thread, my iTunes (on random containing some 4000 songs) just picked....

Why We Lie from Clear!! (one of my faves) :dance:

Talk about syncronicity :confused:

:beer:
PP
Silver Dollar Shower
Popsicle Pete

Postby Flying Girl » January 19th, 2006, 8:28 am

I am lying here on the couch recovering from surgery this tuesday....
I have taken my daughters advise about just closing my eyes and enjoy some of my favourit music to get better :)
She left Clear in the cd-player so I just have to press the play-button on the remote.... she is a great girl, isn't she? :smirk: :boogie: :lol:
Flying High.... and as long as you are 5 mm of the ground, you have not crashed yet!
Flying Girl

Postby Administrator » January 19th, 2006, 11:14 am

That was nice of her! I hope you're feeling better!!
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » January 19th, 2006, 11:16 am

Rocknrollwknd wrote:Hey admin......the procedure was a triple A.....that means an abdominal aortic anuerysym.....we were able to put a stent in instead of opening the patient up from top to bottom......Last I heard, they were doing great.......Medicine has come a long way man.........Talk to u soon....Peace.

Rockn

Incredible... my hat's off to you and all you do. :notworthy:
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Flying Girl » January 19th, 2006, 1:38 pm

Administrator wrote:That was nice of her! I hope you're feeling better!!

Hi Andy,

Yes, she is a real sweetheart! :love: :D :D :D
I am a little tired, but besides that I am fine. Just went throug the first of a series of operations because of osteoarthritis in both knees, it has been planned for some time now so I am just happy to get it over with :)
Flying High.... and as long as you are 5 mm of the ground, you have not crashed yet!
Flying Girl

Postby Rocknrollwknd » January 19th, 2006, 2:41 pm

Hi Flying G......glad everything went well with your surgery.....Are they planning on a total knee replacement?.....If so, I wish u well with that....And as the good doctor said......Listen to "Clear" once a day and call me in the morning...... ;) Sorry couldnt resist......Yes I will keep my day job... :)....Let us know your progress......Till next time.... ;) Peace.....

Rockn
Rocknrollwknd

Postby Flying Girl » January 19th, 2006, 3:16 pm

Hi there Rockn :D

Yes, they are planning a total replacement of both knees within short time. I think it is a bit early to take that step as I am only 39 years old, but if it helps then it must be so....

.... I will be a good girl and take my medicine right now!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Talk to you again soon :D :D :D
Flying Girl

Postby Rocknrollwknd » January 19th, 2006, 3:23 pm

Good luck flying girl... ;).....are they planning on doing both at the same time? :confused: .....Some surgeons I have worked with will do both....From what I have heard from patients post op, they feel better afterwards....Lot less pain and a quick recovery......I wish u well F.G. .....I too am listening to Clear as we speak.....Still is fresh..... :D ......Again, good luck and keep us posted.....Peace lil lady :)

Rockn
Rocknrollwknd

Postby Flying Girl » January 20th, 2006, 1:34 pm

Thanks for all the nice wishes, Rockn :D

Normally they only do one at a time, but I will ask what keeps them from doing both at the same time.
It is very interesting with the experience with quicker recovery - they told me all the time that longer recovery is the reason why the do not do both knees at one time.
But I will certanly ask next time I go to see the surgeon, which will be in February! :D
Flying Girl

Next

Return to Interviews & Reviews of Clear / One Clear Night