4:52 a.m.

All the latest information...

Postby Michael Sadler » March 2nd, 2008, 7:12 pm

“Your life is going to change!” was the automatic response at least 90% of the time, after I would announce to someone that Gwen was pregnant. That seemed to be the general consensus from those who apparently knew what I was in store for.

But nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, could have prepared me for just how startlingly abrupt and immediate the change was. It was as if something, somehow, shifted. And I can say with great certainty and without fear of bruising any egos or tarnishing anyone’s memory that, at precisely 4:52 a.m. on January the 21st, 2008, I experienced the single most profoundly moving moment of my life! Period!

Suffice to say that Seren Michael Sadler has arrived and is nothing short of the most beautiful human being I’ve ever seen! (I have a feeling I’m not the first new parent to make that claim) Nevertheless, to all the fathers out there, you know exactly what I mean. To all the others, I highly recommend that you add fatherhood to your “things to do” list!

So, perhaps that will at least partially explain my absence from the forum for the last 10 months or so. (At least that’s the excuse I’m going to use for now!) I’m looking forward to chatting with everyone about anything and everything in the future, including questions regarding my 30 year tenure with the band, so I’ll start 2 new threads for future discussion. One dedicated to all things SAGA related, and the other a parent/father area to exchange advice, anecdotes etc.

I’m sure that there are unanswered questions out there so if you’ll re-submit or bump your inquiries I promise to respond in a much more timely fashion in the future!

And, just in case I didn’t make myself clear, I’M A DADDY!!! IT’S AMAZING!!! I CAN’T STOP STARING!!! (Okay, that’s enough, I’ll save all the proud papa blubbering for the paternal thread to save the non-parents out there from being subjected to my ravings!)

ttfn,

Michael (father)
Michael Sadler

Postby Tillmann » March 3rd, 2008, 6:14 am

Michael, it's so amazing reading ur posting! :dance:

Anyway if I read this I can feel how happy u must be! Unbelieveable! I'm so happy 4 u being a DADDY now!

It's great! And Seren is sooo cute, I can imagine u can't stop watchin' him :lol2:

I can't say what I would feel if I would be a daddy now, but I think with 17 it's too early :lol2: But I think anytime I'll be a daddy, too. And then I'll know what u feel right now!

Again... I'm sooo happy 4 you, Gwen and Jess!

I wish ya only the best :hugs:
*** http://www.lastfm.de/user/suhl ***

[img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/MgYmO-wWiII/hqdefault.jpg?custom=true&w=168&h=94&stc=true&jpg444=true&jpgq=90&sp=68&sigh=-AWTMpmN85Af3iE1_BrnEWN9FIM[/img]
Tillmann

Postby Adrian Coleman » March 3rd, 2008, 11:25 am

Hello Michael.

Yes I have to agree it's a wonderful thing being a Dad. Being at the birth was the most amazing things that I've ever seen.
I did say after number one that I couldn't watch Mrs.C go through that again but we did.
I really don't want to sound cheesy here but we have the easy bit. I can't understand why women put their selves through it.
My mum did it 5 times.

I have to say that the worse time seems to be when they find out that they can crawl. Fast little buggers they are too and can be half way up the stairs in a blink of an eye. Yes Dad forgot to shut the stair gate.
Our son filled the tape deck with sweets and when we turned on our gas fire one day we were met with the most terrible smell.
He had filled that with wax crayons. :lol2: Now but not at the time.
Adrian Coleman

Postby Carmen » March 3rd, 2008, 12:18 pm

Our DADDY Michael ;)

Be proud!! It´s the best wonder on earth

Having a baby!!!
....you know, what to do....
Carmen

Postby Rocknrollwknd » March 3rd, 2008, 5:57 pm

Hey Daddy..... :D congrats again on your new son.....And yes nothing like it in the world....Its been 22yrs since my son was born and I can still remember it like it was yesterday.....14yrs ago, My Daughter was born...."Where did the time go"....Now I have a beautiful 11 month old Grandbaby.....The cycle continues again.....Her name is Zuri(Gwen will know what her name means).....Again "DADDY"....congrats and welcome home...Oh and by the way, its ok to brag....and on feedings....Dont Be Late....haha...couldnt resist.....Peace and much happiness my friend...

Rockn Roy
Rocknrollwknd

Postby Susanne » March 4th, 2008, 3:47 am

hallo Michael

now you know what you have missed all the time.

A baby !

it´s so wonderful.

Best wishes to Gwen and Jessica
Susanne

Re: 4:52 a.m.

Postby Susi » March 4th, 2008, 11:06 am

Michael Sadler wrote:Suffice to say that Seren Michael Sadler has arrived and is nothing short of the most beautiful human being I’ve ever seen! (I have a feeling I’m not the first new parent to make that claim)

That's not a general "daddy overstatement", he IS one of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen.

Passt gut auf ihn auf! :)
Good things come to those who wait.
Susi

Postby Inte » March 4th, 2008, 2:33 pm

Spoken like a proud papa!!! Welcome to the club!!! But.... you don't become a full-fledged daddy until you have been initiated......... you'll know when it happens....you're changing his diaper and in the middle the act of swapping the bad for the good... he decides you're too dry! :angel: Ah...that new found freedom of au natural!! :dance: Believe me, it's gonna happen! YOU"VE BEEN WARNED!!!! :lol: Michael, I'm very happy for you & Gwen! I wish you the very best! Maybe...a lullabye cd in the making? ;) Life is wonderful, isn't it!!!!
I'm Not The Enemy! (aka: I'm Late)
Inte

Postby Michael Sadler » March 6th, 2008, 12:12 pm

Adrian Coleman wrote:Hello Michael.

Yes I have to agree it's a wonderful thing being a Dad. Being at the birth was the most amazing things that I've ever seen.
I did say after number one that I couldn't watch Mrs.C go through that again but we did.
I really don't want to sound cheesy here but we have the easy bit. I can't understand why women put their selves through it.
My mum did it 5 times.

I have to say that the worse time seems to be when they find out that they can crawl. Fast little buggers they are too and can be half way up the stairs in a blink of an eye. Yes Dad forgot to shut the stair gate.
Our son filled the tape deck with sweets and when we turned on our gas fire one day we were met with the most terrible smell.
He had filled that with wax crayons. :lol2: Now but not at the time.

Hello Adrian,

I couldn't agree with you more regarding the woman's role in all of this! I had heard many men refer to a new-found respect for their partner but I had no idea! Especially if there are any kind of complications to deal with!
Incredible!
I'm looking forwrd to Seren's future "adventures". Judging from early signs of a personality, it could get quite intersetingI'll keep you posted.
Give my love to the missus! xxx

cheers
Michael Sadler

Postby Michael Sadler » March 6th, 2008, 12:17 pm

Inte wrote:Spoken like a proud papa!!! Welcome to the club!!! But.... you don't become a full-fledged daddy until you have been initiated......... you'll know when it happens....you're changing his diaper and in the middle the act of swapping the bad for the good... he decides you're too dry! :angel: Ah...that new found freedom of au natural!! :dance: Believe me, it's gonna happen! YOU"VE BEEN WARNED!!!! :lol: Michael, I'm very happy for you & Gwen! I wish you the very best! Maybe...a lullabye cd in the making? ;) Life is wonderful, isn't it!!!!

Thanks for the warning, but I'm already a member of the club! Hilarious!!!
and yes, life truly is wonderful, sleep deprivation, diapers and all!
Michael Sadler

Postby Ax Slinger » March 16th, 2008, 4:27 am

Hey Big Daddy,

I was going to send you an email asking you how you were liking being retired, but I see now that would have been a wasted effort. Because with a new baby in the house you're going to be busier than ever. If you thought that touring was hectic, that's nothing in comparison. You haven't seen anything yet. Wait until the "Terrible Two's" arrive... I hope you have a good pair of running shoes. You're gonna need 'em!
And I hope you're in better shape than I am too. :boogie:

Congrats to you and yours.
Ax Slinger

Postby Mrs.C » March 22nd, 2008, 6:06 am

Hi Michael, Gwen, :wave:

With Master Seren now having reached 2 months and counting I was wondering when we might be privy to a photograph or two?...

My curiosity is killing me as they say :lol2:

Gwen, I hope you are all better now and being able to totally enjoy the new man in your life. :lol: :lol: (Sorry Michael but there's nothing quite like a mother's love for her new born child!). Now my babies are almost all grown up, there's a part of me that's quite jealous..... :kiss:
Mrs.C

Postby Dickr » March 28th, 2008, 10:36 pm

The real adventure really has not yet begun. Wait a few more months!
I would say the first six years or so are truely amazing.
:)
Dickr

Postby Social Orphan » April 7th, 2008, 3:54 pm

Michael, my daughter is six and I love her more everyday. Hard to believe, but it is true. Enjoy this time....I am sure you have heard it before......it goes by so fast.
Social Orphan

Postby Kathrin » May 30th, 2008, 5:34 am

Hello

congratulations! Seren is a wonderfull Name and he is so beautiful.
I am pregnant, too. Our first baby ( a son) comes in 6 weeks and i am looking forward to the big day, when my little boy arrive.

All the beste and so much love to you and your family!

Kathrin and the little boy inside :-)
real poetry doesn't say anything, it just ticks off the possibilities opens all doors ...JIM MORRISON
Kathrin

Next

Return to Sadler News Network (SNN)