Back from the trenches...

All the latest information...

Back from the trenches...

Postby Michael Sadler » September 1st, 2013, 1:13 am

Hello all,

Was just sitting here reflecting on my recent 10 day adventure/travels which took me from San Juan, Puerto Rico to Freiburg and finally Hamburg. It began with a show in San Juan as part of the 35th anniversary celebration for Alpha Rock 106, the radio station that was very instrumental in Saga's original success on the island. Despite a few technical hiccups at sound check, the whole evening was brilliant...great weather, great friends and most of all the Puerto Rican fans. Gracias to you all. Puerto Rico still knows how to rock and we love you for that!

Afterwards, it was onwards to Freiburg (by myself) for a rehearsal and concert with ORSO, the rock symphony orchestra and choir that I have had the very great pleasure of performing with a number of times over the last few years. I know I've said it before, but there is nothing quite like feeling the organic power of an orchestra behind you while you're singing. Anyone who's ever had the chance, knows precisely what I mean. My deepest thanks to Wolfgang Roese, the orchestra members, the members of the choir, my fellow soloists, everyone behind the scenes and of course...the audience. Once again, it was my distinct pleasure to work with you all. (See you in December?)

Finally, after a quick stop to visit with some very close friends, it was off to Hamburg for SAGA's appearance at the Baltic Open Air festival, and I must say that, a more eclectic line-up of performers I've not seen in quite some time. But it worked! Each performance was warmly welcomed, regardless of the musical style. What a great audience and again, a great atmosphere backstage. My compliments and thanks to the local promoter(s), and thank you so much to the audience for your very warm reception!

...although the road does seem very long at times, you still manage to make each mile worthwhile, and for that...

I thank you all!

So, there you have it, at least for now. There's quite a bit of very cool stuff on the horizon but I don't want to say too much too soon, so until a few things get finalized I'd rather not give out any partial info at the moment.

But...stay tuned...it's all good...

Be safe,

Michael
Michael Sadler

Re: Back from the trenches...

Postby sagajay » September 1st, 2013, 9:49 am

:happy: thanks to you and saga for always coming to Puerto Rico is always an honor to meet with u guys ,hope you come again and the show was awesome let us know if you want some pictures posted here for the fans that don't have Facebook. thanks again :headbanger: :notworthy:
sagajay

Postby Michael Sadler » September 1st, 2013, 10:44 am

sagajay wrote::happy: thanks to you and saga for always coming to Puerto Rico is always an honor to meet with u guys ,hope you come again and the show was awesome let us know if you want some pictures posted here for the fans that don't have Facebook. thanks again :headbanger: :notworthy:

Thanks sagajay, you're right...not everyone on the planet is on FB so posting some pictures from that great night would be an excellent idea!
Michael Sadler

Postby sagajay » September 1st, 2013, 11:08 am

Heres the link for the Puerto Rico show + some of the sound check
https://picasaweb.google.com/103261668741813298465/SagaBahiaUrbanaSanJuanPuertoRicoAlfa35thAniversary?noredirect=1#
Thanks to Sagxel + Sagajay
sagajay

Postby Adrian Coleman » September 2nd, 2013, 1:09 am

Yes. I am one who is not on Facebook. Many thanks for sharing your pics. :D
It looked like a great night. :D :D
Adrian Coleman

Postby Harald » September 2nd, 2013, 6:36 am

Thanks for the great pictures !!! :happy:
Harald

Postby Bavaria » September 2nd, 2013, 1:43 pm

a night to remember...for those, who were there... :)

...many thanks for the pictures !

Birgit
Bavaria...not North-Germany.
Bavaria

Postby Harald » September 4th, 2013, 4:12 am

Michael Sadler wrote:......... Once again, it was my distinct pleasure to work with you all. (See you in December?)

Is there a chance that you will take part at ROCKIN' XMAS of ORSO at Freiburg ????? ;)
Last edited by Harald on September 5th, 2013, 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Harald

Postby Tillmann » September 4th, 2013, 7:05 am

Michael should become a part of Rock meets Classic next year, together with Alice Cooper, Joe Lynn Turner and and Kim Wilde. It's about time!!!

*** http://www.lastfm.de/user/suhl ***

[img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/MgYmO-wWiII/hqdefault.jpg?custom=true&w=168&h=94&stc=true&jpg444=true&jpgq=90&sp=68&sigh=-AWTMpmN85Af3iE1_BrnEWN9FIM[/img]
Tillmann

Postby Harald » September 5th, 2013, 6:03 am

Great Idea !!! :happy:
Harald

Postby Michael Sadler » September 5th, 2013, 1:55 pm

Harald wrote:
Michael Sadler wrote:......... Once again, it was my distinct pleasure to work with you all. (See you in December?)

Is there a chance that you will take part at ROCKIN' XMAS of ORSO at Freiburg ????? ;)

There's a very good chance Harald, just waiting for the final confirmation before I make the announcement.

M
Michael Sadler

Postby Harald » September 14th, 2013, 11:58 am

Michael Sadler wrote:
Harald wrote:

There's a very good chance Harald, just waiting for the final confirmation before I make the announcement.

M

Rockin
Harald

Postby Bavaria » December 26th, 2013, 11:32 am

Harald wrote:[

Harald,
I missed you at this evening ! It was a very nice show...a wonderful orchestra...very good singers...and Michael...always the best !

Birgit
Bavaria...not North-Germany.
Bavaria

Postby Harald » December 30th, 2013, 7:39 am

Hi Birgit,

unfortunately we got the message that Michael took part too late and we hat another date on this day in the meantime. :dizzy:
Harald

Return to Sadler News Network (SNN)